6/16/11

Shield Your Eyes from Sun's Rays with Sunglasses

Every time we go out of our house, regardless of the time of year and weather, we are always exposed to the harmful rays of the ultraviolet or UV light coming from the sun. The ultraviolet light is naturally invisible to the naked eye and we may not realize it that we are continually exposing ourselves under it. Old people, adults, and even children are required to wear the right pair of sunglasses to protect the eyes from the harmful UV rays as they spend time outdoors during daytime.

Mainly, sunglasses are designed to protect the eyes from the damaging radiation of the UV light. Many of us are well aware of the reason why we have protect our skin from the sun's rays but not many of us realize that it is also just as important to protect our eyes. Several research studies have suggested that continued exposure to the bright and damaging sunlight can increase a person's risk of developing age-related macular degeneration, eye growths, cancer, and cataracts.

Moreover, direct exposure of the eyes to the sun's harmful UV rays can lead to the development of photokeratitis or known as the sunburn of the eye. Photokeratitis is quite uncomfortable and painful. A person with photokeratitis can have red teary eyes which are highly sensitive to light. However, these symptoms may not last very long causing no long-term or permanent eye damage. Retinal damage can also result to continued exposure of the eyes to UV rays without the sunglasses. A retinal damage can result to serious vision impairment, and chances of reversing the damage is very rare.

Every summer, when let our kids out of the house and enjoy the bright and sunny outdoors. What we fail to realize is that we are putting our kid's vision in danger as they are exposed to the sun's harmful invisible rays, the ultraviolet radiation.  The reason why kids have higher risk for developing eye damage due to UV radiation is that their eye lens cannot block enough UV rays as any normal adults do.


by Peter Andersen
(ArticlesBase SC #4908318)

2 comments:

  1. I just want to say a big thank to Celina for share testimony about the help doctor Oza did for her. I'm Monday Emmanuel by name from united kingdom,I was a herpes patient to doctor Oza before i was cure from herpes by the herbal medication I receiver from doctor Oza,I never thought that herpes can be cure until I met doctor Oza who use is special medication to heal me,I will want us to share tip and forum on my email:mondayemmanuel5256@gmail.com or call +447031922288,I will drop doctor Oza contact so that you can get intuch with him for cure too by E-mail: doctorozaspellherbalhome@yahoo.com or visit him at what-sap/call +2348110857969, thank to you Celina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want to say a big thank to Celina for share testimony about the help doctor Oza did for her. I'm Monday Emmanuel by name from united kingdom,I was a herpes patient to doctor Oza before i was cure from herpes by the herbal medication I receiver from doctor Oza,I never thought that herpes can be cure until I met doctor Oza who use is special medication to heal me,I will want us to share tip and forum on my email:mondayemmanuel5256@gmail.com or call +447031922288,I will drop doctor Oza contact so that you can get intuch with him for cure too by E-mail: doctorozaspellherbalhome@yahoo.com or visit him at what-sap/call +2348110857969, thank to you Celina

      Delete


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Ralepi.Com - Suzuki Motorcycle